Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sand exploration



I was a little hesitant to put E in the sand. Partly because I was worried she would grab a handful and immediately shove it in her mouth, or worse, her eyes. But I wanted to try. She actually only put her hand in her mouth once - and took it out just as quickly. She loved raking her hand in the sand making a pattern in the ocean-smoothed beach. She also liked slapping down a shell to make unique imprints in the sand. She was so into what she was doing, I could not even get her to look up for a quick 7-month pic. I guess that is exactly how you want them to be. So enthralled in exploring that they are tuned out to what is happening around them. The strong wind that day muted all sound except an occasional audible splash from the ocean. She didn't smile, didn't look to me for reassurance. She seemed to know exactly what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment